Sunday 21 September 2008

One for Mulier Fortis.


In the village where I live there is a pair of " Spectacle Stocks". Apparently they are a very unusual, with supposedly only one other pair surviving in England. Only the " victim's" legs were pinioned, but this probably resulted in even more discomfort and frustration. I couldn't help posting this photograph. It's not Sir Oliver but " Churchyard Cat", the only cat in the village to put up any resistance to the endless expansion of Badcat's territory. This one is a real bully and once scratched the Hound across the nose so hard, from underneath a parked car, that we left a trail of blood along the pavement. (I'm not sure if it was the cat or the stocks which made me think of Mulier Fortis.)

2 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

I can't imagine why a cat would make you think of me, so it must be the stocks...

disturbing!

;-)

the hound said...

I probably thought that many a Woman of Valour was placed there for being just that.